After so much stress to finish my thesis, the emptiness of being unemployed and broke... Now when I was getting used to the good bum life, I am starting my Proctor job with a 12.5 hour shift this Saturday. I have done 12 hour shifts before, in my first job in London (England) as a car park marshall at the Excel conference centre, but I lasted two days doing that (I quit to start working at the German Christmas market in Covent Garden selling mulled wine). I will do 51 hours on the Proctor job in the next week or so.
Thank the good Lord, I have something to keep my mind off work, which is preparing my first lectures in an area I know little about. That should keep me nice and relaxed.
And as a hobbie, I get to study my PhD thesis for my oral exam in January.
I am a lucky bastard.
Thank the good Lord, I have something to keep my mind off work, which is preparing my first lectures in an area I know little about. That should keep me nice and relaxed.
And as a hobbie, I get to study my PhD thesis for my oral exam in January.
I am a lucky bastard.
No comments:
Post a Comment