Wednesday, 3 December 2008

Permanent residence application update

This is a biggie!

When I applied for permanent residence in Canada, I knew I was on a 48 month long waiting list and that it would take perhaps 2.5 or 3 years just until they started processing my application.

Now, out of the blue, the Canadian embassy in London wrote me suggesting paths to get my permanent residence a lot quicker. I have previously sent them only a basic application to get a place in the queue, but now they gave me three months to send them a complete application (Marina can join my application as my wife). So we just saved 3 years! It's probably because we moved to Canada. In a worst case scenario, it will still take another 1.5, 2 years to process this. But if I can use the Proctor job to show them that I have a permanent job, they can process it in as little as 6 months.... Wow. Whatever happens now, this is excellent news. As soon as we do a medical exam, we are entitled to free medical insurance like other Canadians. We will also be able to apply for jobs as Canadians, which is very important, since Canadians and permanent residents are by law given priority in any job application.

No comments: