Saturday, 14 November 2009

Going nuts

Yep, we are going nuts over here. I have just realized that I am going to spend most of the Christmas holidays marking. I have an exam on the 21st. Since it's the final exam, it's up to the professor to mark rather than the TA. It's almost 100 exams! As for the Western course, I have got an essay deadline on December 4th and the final exam set for December 12th. So that's 35 essays and 35 exams, no TA. I have the postdoc deadline on the 30th, of course. I haven't even started writing the damn thing.

In these last few days, Marina leaves at 8am, comes back at 8-11 pm, 7 days a week. I don't get to see her much, but at least I never get bored, since I need to shop, wash the dishes, cook...

The only good thing to come out of this is that if I end up deciding to go for a government job in Toronto it will feel like holidays! It sounds dull, but teaching is no picnic. And it's not a very creative job, either. It is stressful and repetitive, with very few moments of enjoyment. Maybe I just don't like teaching, or maybe I am just tired. Maybe I should just get a job in the post office, like Bukowski, and write in the evenings. It's 11pm, Saturday night. Marina will arrive soon. I should go and mark a few more essays, in the meantime...

No comments: