Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Civic

Fred is a French postdoc who studies the thermal cracking of hydrocarbons at the Institute for Chemicals and Fuels from Alternative Sources. More importantly, he is the man who will go down in history books for selling us his '99 black Honda Civic. I have agreed to buy it for $2300. The car has 200.000 kms, although the engine has probably a bit less. It is not the original engine. The first one must have exploded. The car was probably in an accident and it was repainted, since the paint is peeling off. All this, but John the farmer said the car was in good shape, and he looked under it and into it and he drove it slow and fast, so I said I would buy it.

We'll only get it in December, when Fred goes back to France and we go to Chi-ca-go, Chi-ca-go.

No comments: