Wednesday, 23 September 2009
Postdoc
I may have mentioned that Western is advertising a postdoc position. $35000 a year just for doing research, and I would be able to teach one course per term for extra money. Without the teaching, this is the same as my FCT scholarship money. At the time, I said I could live all my life with that and be happy. I still think that is true, and much more so here in Canada. It may not be easy to get it, since it is a postdoc in Science and Values, but they expect more Values of Science than Science of Values, which is more what I do. But I will give it a shot. It would help a great deal if I had another paper published, or if at least the paper that I am writing would be ready and under consideration somewhere, so I am aiming for that. And then try and get a book contract... Now this would probably get me the job. Getting all this before the deadline in mid November is definitely tricky. Although if I got the book contract I would be so happy that I wouldn't really care that much about whether I got the postdoc. I would get that book written somehow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment