Sunday, 29 March 2009

Walking down Yonge St.

Marina went to her rehearsal at the Toronto Centre for the Arts and I had a few hours to spare. I thought I would go for a walk. I asked some random guy in the street where the lake was and said I was walking there. His expression of disbelief was funny. He clearly thought I was nuts/an idiot. Have a look at the first photo. That's Yonge Street. We were at number 5100. See the buildings in the distance. That's downtown. I had to walk until number 1 to hit the lake, which is a bit after those buildings. Actually it was not that long. 2 hours and a half or so. That's only around 15-20 km. But it did feel a bit long, because my boots were not the best for walking.

Interestingly, I have only walked around one third or less of Yonge Street. Someone living at the wrong end may have to drive for 50 or 60km to go to work downtown, although living in Toronto. That's insane!
 




No comments: