Wednesday, 17 September 2008

SIN

SIN is actually a good thing. It's the Social Insurance Number, the Canadian version of England's National Insurance Number. I suppose that was obvious without the explanation and if it wasn't for you, you wouldn't understand the explanation either. Life is full of these fascinating problems. Back to the SIN. In England it took me two hours in a huge queue in the rain, full of smelly unemployed people (if your job makes you smell, perhaps you should seek unemployment) just to make an appointment to get it, and in order to make an appointment you had to have a letter from a company saying that they were willing to hire you. But of course most companies are not willing to hire anyone unless they already have a national insurance number... So you see things are a lot more interesting in England. Here I simply popped in at this Canada Service Centre (the one in the middle, with the flag) and ten minutes later I was walking out with my SIN. Boring...

No comments: